iT Program Requirements and Expectations
- It is recommended that students apply in the 8th grade so they have four years to complete courses of study and have room in their schedules for AP classes. Students must have a 2.4 GPA (C+) to apply to the iT Program. Students must be enrolled in at least one core iT class each year to remain in the program. All iT Students must maintain (at all times) a 2.0 in their core iT class as well as their overall GPA with NO U's in conduct in any class at anytime for each year. Any student who does meet the above requirements at the semester (decisions must be made at the semester) will not be scheduled for an iT class, the following year. If they are a transfer student, they will return to their base high school the following year.
- It is strongly encouraged that iT students enroll in at least three AP courses during their high school career.
- All iT students are expected to complete 40 verified community service hours during their years at Forest Park. These hours could be completed in school and out of school.
- Students must successfully complete all prerequisites before enrolling in any iT class. Course Descriptions and Prerequisites
- All students enrolled in the iT program will be expected to adhere to the Prince William County Schools Code of Behavior and the Forest Park Computer Ethics Policy. Any deviation from these policies will be grounds for removal from the iT Program.
Silver medal: Students will receive a silver medal if they complete four iT core classes with a 2.0 GPA. These students must not receive a grade below a 2.0 in any iT core class. Students must enroll in at least one iT core class each year.
Gold medal: Students will receive a gold medal if they complete six iT courses OR five iT core courses and ONE STEM based Advanced Placement (AP) level course. Students must maintain a 3.0 (B) overall GPA with no grade below a 3.0 (B) in any iT core class. Students must be enrolled in at least one iT core class each year.