Goals and Rationale for the Program
In this new information age, millinnial students must have the ability to gather and distribute information through electronic communication. One of the goals of the iT program is to graduate students who are comfortable with and proficient in using information technology in all forms so they can interact with individuals, organizations and agencies in our technological economy.
We at Forest Park High School believe that:
- Students should learn to research, analyze, evaluate, and communicate information using innovative and efficient formats.
- Partnerships with businesses and universities are mutually beneficial and provide students with real world technology and experience.
- Professional development for educators is imperative if technology is to be effectively used in the teaching and learning process.
- Technology will help students become active, independent, life-long learners.
- Technology enhances education by helping students to solve problems, develop critical thinking skills, communicate their ideas, and work collaboratively on multidisciplinary \ projects.
- Students should learn to work ethically, independently and collaboratively with a diverse group of people.