MUSICAL INFORMATION MEETING Dec 8, 2015Welcome! Introductions – Ms. Spitzer-Wilk, Ms. BrittainAnnouncement of Show - CinderellaShow DATES: April 14, 15, 16 @7 pm PLUS special matinee/Senior Recognition 2 pm April 16 AUDITION DATES: January 6, 7, 8 with CALL BACKS on Jan 13. CAST ANNOUNCED/Script pick up: Jan 15th SIGN UP for the SPRING MUSICAL group on school fusion (FPHS webpage under activities) Audition Procedures:
- NO STUDENT will be allowed to audition without a SIGNED participation form. These forms will be available on the Spring Musical fusion page AND from Mrs. Spitzer-Wilk
- SIGN UP for audition times in the music department (Ms. Brittain’s door)
- SONGS – everyone will be required to sing (It’s a MUSICAL!) and the song will be the same for everyone. Song will be posted on school fusion AND available in the music department before Winter break. We will be listening/looking to see how well you have MEMORIZED your song, how well you can share the message of the song, and your ability to have energy/perform.
- COLD READING – everyone will be required to do “cold reading” . This will be a section from the script of the show. We are looking to see if you are good at reading with expression, creating and maintaining a character, interacting with others, and performing with energy and volume.
- OPTIONAL – Monologue – 30 to 45 seconds. REQUIRED to be considered for a major part. (NO, we have not already decided who will be what) A monologue is anytime in a play where ONE character is speaking. There are plenty of websites that have good options, and we will post those on the Spring Musical fusion page. NO, you cannot write your own. We are looking to see how well you can interpret and MEMORIZE a monologue.